Rookie Season will go live on October 12th. And we want you to be a part of it!
What we'll cover:
- Getting Legit - picking a name (if needed), considering business structure, banking, and insurance
- Requesting your sales tax ID & setting up wholesale accounts
- Bobbin and top thread - what to use and keep on hand
- Batting options and what to keep on hand
- Supplies & tools for quilting and facilitating mail-in work
- In-depth loading advice with a step-by-step video
- Changing bobbin thread seamlessly and correcting mistakes
- Realigning advice for digital pantographs, including troubleshooting tips
- Considerations for quilt backings, efficiency tips
- How to fix common issues with client quilts and how to communicate challenging situations
- Choosing designs - philosophy for what quilting designs pair well with certain tops
- Working with clients to come up with a quilting plan
- Digital Pantographs - our recommendations for easy-to-use, beginner-friendly, versatile designs
- Choosing your menu of services
- Pricing your services
- Invoicing methods
- Cloud-based accounting recommendations, chart of accounts, categorizing transactions, inventory
- Setting money aside to pay yourself and cover expenses
- Tips on starting your own website, including the topics you should cover & language to use.
- Adding an automated work form to your website.
We will invite you to our private Facebook group one week before the course goes live. You'll get access to one module per week that you'll be able to read and/or watch at your own pace that week. The next week, you'll get the second module, and so on. Instead of flying through all of the information at once, we want you to do the implementation work along the way. We do build-in a one-week break after the website module (Week 5) because that takes a little bit more time to complete and we don't want you to feel rushed.
FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, we are including 3 months of Longarm League membership after Week 8 of the course. You'll seamlessly be added to the membership in order to get your hands on more "Phase 2" materials - like finding your first customers and marketing your business. This includes much more info on social media, working with others in the industry, access to coaching calls, our private community on Slack, new (free) League quilting designs as they are released, a directory listing (when you want to be added) -- all the benefits of being a fully-fledged League member.
There will be SEVEN total Zoom calls throughout your time with us as a Rookie and one shorter kick-off call the evening the class goes live (October 12 at 6 pm Central time, if you want to put that on your calendar now.)
We will meet via Zoom every other week during the 8-week course and then we will meet once a month once you transition to the membership portion of your time with us. These Zoom sessions are all about you, how you are processing the course information, what questions you have, or feedback you'd like to solicit based on your own situation. Take advantage of these calls to get the most value! Once the class starts, we'll poll the Facebook group about the best meeting days & times and then set up the schedule so you'll have some notice.
All calls will be recorded and published. If you can't attend, you'll always be able to watch the replays (usually available the next day).
Once the 3 month period of the Longarm League membership expires, you'll have an opportunity to purchase an annual or monthly membership at a discount for a limited time. Details will be provided at that time
This offer equates to FIVE MONTHS of support (2 months with the class + 3 months after) as you get started in your longarm quilting business.