Rookie Season will go live on October 12th. And we want you to be a part of it!
Here's how the multi-payments work. Pay $260 today and the 2nd payment will be automatically made next month on the same date. The 3rd payment will happen the month after that on the same date, and so on. After the 5th payment, the contract is over and the payment plan will automatically cancel.
The same payment info you enter today will be used for future payments unless you change the billing information in your account settings.
What we'll cover:
- Getting Legit - picking a name (if needed), considering business structure, banking, and insurance
- Requesting your sales tax ID & setting up wholesale accounts
- Bobbin and top thread - what to use and keep on hand
- Batting options and what to keep on hand
- Supplies & tools for quilting and facilitating mail-in work
- In-depth loading advice with a step-by-step video
- Changing bobbin thread seamlessly and correcting mistakes
- Realigning advice for digital pantographs, including troubleshooting tips
- Considerations for quilt backings, efficiency tips
- How to fix common issues with client quilts and how to communicate challenging situations
- Choosing designs - philosophy for what quilting designs pair well with certain tops
- Working with clients to come up with a quilting plan
- Digital Pantographs - our recommendations for easy-to-use, beginner-friendly, versatile designs
- Choosing your menu of services
- Pricing your services
- Invoicing methods
- Cloud-based accounting recommendations, chart of accounts, categorizing transactions, inventory
- Setting money aside to pay yourself and cover expenses
- Tips on starting your own website, including the topics you should cover & language to use.
- Adding an automated work form to your website.
After the 8-week course, you will be transitioned into the Longarm League membership for 3 months. At that time, access to ALL our membership benefits and resource begins.
We will invite you to our private Facebook group one week before the course goes live. You'll get access to one module per week that you'll be able to read and/or watch at your own pace that week. The next week, you'll get the second module, and so on. Instead of flying through all of the information at once, we want you to do the implementation work along the way. We do build-in a one-week break after the website module (Week 5) because that takes a little bit more time to complete and we don't want you to feel rushed.
There will be SEVEN total Zoom calls throughout your time with us as a Rookie and one shorter kick-off call the evening the class goes live (October 12 at 6 pm Central time, if you want to put that on your calendar now.)
We will meet over Zoom every other week during the 8-week course and then we will meet once a month once you transition to the membership portion of your time with us. These Zoom sessions are all about you, how you are processing the course information, what questions you have, or feedback you'd like to solicit based on your own situation. Take advantage of these calls to get the most value! Once the class starts, we'll poll the Facebook group about the best meeting days & times and then set up the schedule so you'll have some notice.
All calls will be recorded and published. If you can't attend, you'll always be able to watch the replays (usually available the next day).
Once the 3 month period of the Longarm League membership expires, you'll have an opportunity to purchase an annual or monthly membership at a discount for a limited time. Details will be provided at that time.