What is the Longarm League?
The League is a membership that brings longarm quilters together and provides resources to help their businesses thrive!
Most of us have computerized equipment and quilt edge to edge designs, but not all. If you want to grow your business and enjoy a community of other professional quilters, this is the place for you!
How do I join?
Are you NEW to the business of quilting? We have a 8-week course called Rookie Season designed to take you through the basics. This course is a pre-requisite to joining the Longarm League if you are just starting out. Our next Rookie Season online course will start on September 13, 2022.
If you are already quilting for others in business or if you're not sure whether you need our getting started course, fill out this questionnaire, and we'll be happy to give you a personal recommendation.
Feel free to sign up for our emails if you are curious as to what we're all about!
Longarm League Membership
$500 first year, $300 every year after
- For quilters who have already established their businesses, but are interested in continuing to learn and grow
- Year-round access to our most valuable asset: our community of quilters and the responsive, private chat platform where we keep in touch
- Monthly lessons that address quilting and business topics
- Equipment-specific groups as part of our platform (i.e. Intelliquilter, Statler, QuiltPath, AutoPilot, ProStitcher, Qmatic, handguided)
- One digital pantograph per month, sorry no paper pantographs will be available
- Access to our lesson and coaching call archives
- Group coaching opportunities
- Your business and links listed in our directory and map
- Affiliate opportunities
- Legacy pricing after one year
- Step-by-step website building mini-course, including customizable template
- Collectible member pin & pennant
You don't have to be alone! Join well over 250 quilters from six countries, including 39 states in the U.S.! If you've ever felt alone in what you do, you're going to love the camaraderie that comes with having League "teammates"!
We offer a private group chat, giving you connection in real-time through your smartphone or computer. Follow along with the topics you care about, even ones dedicated to specific equipment users like Intelliquilter, Statler, Quilt Path, AutoPilot, Pro-Stitcher or Qmatic!
Our lessons cover every aspect of your business, helping you envision your future, reach your intended audience, manage your business, serve your clientele, and build upon your quilting skills.
New content is released on Wednesdays and features a mix of articles to read and videos to watch. Topics have included: how to improve your Instagram feed, photography, how to automate an online intake form, best shipping practices, how to collaborate with designers, attracting local clients.
Unique modern pantographs are provided on the first Wednesday of each month at no additional cost. At the time of joining, you'll have the exclusive opportunity to buy our already-released pantographs at a DEEP discount!
Have you ever struggled with sizing a pantograph? Don't spend your time unpicking a false start when you can reference our panto database for the sizing information you need!
Having trouble picking out a design for a client's quilt? Unsure of how you should handle an invoicing question? Need feedback on your website? Feeling discouraged that you're not making the progress you'd like in your business?
These are just a few of the real issues that have been discussed within the group. Feel confident knowing you can turn to seasoned professionals anytime you get stuck.
What do members say?
The Longarm League can help you...
Achieve BIG goals
Get into business FASTER
Build a website
Belong to a professional and supportive community
Support your family financially
Learn about the ins and outs of running a business
Increase your skills and confidence with your machine
Here are some examples of written/video lessons available to you when you join.
• Step-by-step video tutorials showing you how to set up a website specifically for a longarm quilting business, COMPLETE WITH INTAKE FORM
• Local Business Basics
• Shipping Practices to Facilitate Mail-In Work
• How to set up your own Google business profile
• Quilt Photography Tips using a Mobile Phone
• Photography Equipment (DSLR) and Editing
• Instagram Basics
• Common Instagram Mistakes
• Using Categories for a Cohesive Instagram Brand
• Making Instagram Stories Work for You
• What to Post on Social Media
• Creating Your Brand
• Getting the Most Out of Designer Partnerships
• Collaborations and Discounts
• Email Newsletter Marketing
• Using a Website Intake Form
• SEO for Beginners
• How to Decide on an Accounting Method
• Fixing Fullness in a Quilt
• Deciding Whether Multiple Machines is Right for You
• Additional Income Streams
• Intro to Digitizing Quilting Designs
• Side-by-side look at Art and Stitch and Pro-Stitcher Designer
• YouTube Monetization